Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

We survived... (t-6)

You would not believe how easy it is to plant seeds in my head. Thanks mom and dad...

We didn't get mauled by a bear. Or chewed up by a coyote. Or sprayed by a skunk (that was close though). Camping actually turned out pretty great.

Noah was amazing. He set up the tent and got the fire started with my dad. We had everything in the tent before Ayden and I even made it outside. Sitting around the fire for a little, I knew we would need a pacifier for the little guy so I headed in. On my return, I smelled skunk...very close skunk.

So Ayden and I got in the tent with Mac, followed by Noah after he adjusted the fire. Needless to say, the fire was a great deterrent- both for skunks and for Ayden to sleep. He kept crawling on Noah and Mac- even threw Mac's ball in the 2-person tent. Yeah that was fun!

After a little while, Ayden realized that we were all sleeping or dozing off so he laid down and out he went. Noah and I slept fairly well but we had to keep checking on Mac. When he heard a sound or caught a whiff of something that he wasn't sure of, he would jump up. We didn't want him to wake Ayden up and we wanted to check on things. He's such a good little watch dog.

I think I got the best sleep after sunrise- after the roosters calmed down. :-) And yes, I would totally go camping with these boys again. Love them.
Helping daddy
Yep, put my pillow right there!
Both foremen... :-)
Just checking on things
With pappy, maintaining the fire
Dad's anti-gravity chair 
so fidgety
see...
and yet again
George was in the picture but no Mac Dawg
Now with Mac...LOVE Ayden's face in this one!

Up later today: Get a strike! I will get a strike in bowling if it's the last thing I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment