Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

So much for losing weight...

During pregnancy, I gained approximately 45 pounds and although I understand that I lost most of it right after having Ayden, I would really love to shed that last 15 to get back to normal. Now in all fairness, I'm not actively trying to lose that last layer of "baby fat" but I am not sitting around eating bon-bons either.

I say all of this while my wonderful husband works in the kitchen making homemade perogies. Yes...perogies. And yes...my husband.

Noah is an amazing chef. I have often said he needs to open a restaurant. Noah is also a gadget guy, so he has everything kitchen thingy-ma-jiggy to assist in his delicious treats. The latest addition to the kitchen cabinets has been a pasta maker he got for Christmas. We have made fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti but we desperately wanted to make ravioli. Oh yes...ravioli.

I'm not much of a cook so Noah was on his own but he did an amazing job (as expected). After making the dough, he switched contraptions filled the raviolis using the kitchen aide. AMAZING!

So all in all, (and the perogies are done) there are two words of advice out of all of this. One, get a kitchen aide of you don't already have one. We use ours all the time for all kinds of things and it is awesome! And two, get yourself a Noah. ;-) I'm so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. My Kitchenaid stand mixer lives on my counter and gets used pretty much every day, and I don't even have the ravioli attachment. Mine is almost 20 years old, and it still cranks our bread dough, cookie batter, cheesecake filling, you name it, without complaint. Unlike my Cuisinart, which had to be replaced after ten years, this baby is built like a Mac truck.

    (And a side note: while Tim is now 27, I'm still blaming him for my extra avoirdupois!)

    ReplyDelete