Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

His sacrifice

I've always known that Noah is a giving type of person. He wants to make people happy, solve any problems they may be having, and make the situation better. Even in Neville's best man speech at the wedding, he warned me how much Noah would spend on gifts and how he would spoil me over the years. I thought I knew that my husband was the type of person that would do anything to make me happy, but in the past week alone, I've seen a man wanting to make his family priority number one.

This week, I have to admit, I tortured Noah a little. Not on purpose, I assure you. Monday, we got up, went to a doctor appointment (which he hasn't missed one) and then spent four long hours at Babies-R-Us to create the registry. Four hours seems long, and I agree, but if you've ever done a registry, you know four hours is fairly normal. I even went prepared. I didn't want to get sucked into all the fun things we could get that would be a waste of money and it STILL took four hours. Anyway, I expected Noah to be very "blah" and disinterested in the registry because what guy wants to spend four hours looking through breast pumps and diapers? Exactly. But, I have to say, I was happily surprised. He was a rock! I started to get upset about which bed sheet we had to get for the bassinet versus the pack-n-play...Noah, got a store person and had it figured out and on the registry before I could even get worked up. He continually went from one wall to the next with a smile on his face and goal in mind.

Then on Tuesday, we went crib shopping. This may not seem like a stressful time but trust me, choosing a crib that is sturdy, effective, stylish, and fairly inexpensive is no easy task. We went to Baby Supermart in Broomall (highly recommend) and spent around 2-3 hours there just looking and comparing cribs, dressers, and chairs. Again, Noah did all of it with a smile on his face. I was getting overwhelmed (furniture is expensive!) and he just kept going. No negative comments, no whining, only motivation and determination. I have to be honest...I was a little jealous of how well he did it. I was the one acting a little bit like a baby...

As we left, the topic of day care arose to show it's ugly head. (if you think furniture is expensive, try finding a day care) Again, Noah took the conversation in stride. I started to shut down, get frustrated, and worried but he was just thinking. He finally said, "I will do whatever we need to do. I'll work an extra job or do whatever to make this happen. I love you and our little boy." In that moment, I knew things were going to be just fine because all I really need is my wonderful husband and healthy little boy. (and the Mac Dawg)

I'm sure some are reading this, saying to themselves, "well duh! He's the guy and the dad! He SHOULD be sacrificing! All he did walk around and scan things with a gun!" And sure, that's true. However, how easy would be to just shut down, make me do all the work, and do nothing. I have to hand it to my amazing husband and thank him from the bottom of my heart for not only providing for his family financially and emotionally but for doing it willingly. Me, the baby, and Mac are very lucky to have such a wonderful person as the head of our household.

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a loving hubby you have! Men like that are rare and very special. :)

    ReplyDelete