Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

What's your anti-psychotic?

Today was not a great day. Well, this week hasn't been the best. To start, I haven't been able to shake this cold. It started a little over a month ago, seemed to go away, and then after last weekend, flared back up. And, this is a little known fact about me, one of the worst feelings for me is having a stuffy nose. It may be stupid but that is one of the worst feelings to me. I can be achy, tired, or in pain but a stuffy nose is the absolute worst for me.

Aside from that, I'm having a very difficult time with my students right now. I still care about all of them but I'm quickly losing patience. I know they are in high school and still have a lot of growing to do but when I answer the same question over a million times, the directions are printed (and online), and it's written on the board, I have a really hard time keeping my cool. Needless to say, I'm hitting my limit of sanity.

And then to top it off, a student told me today that although I look nice today, most days I "look like a total mess". Nice... So yeah. I wasn't in the greatest of moods after this week.

So here's my question...when you have a crappy day/week/etc., what do you do to cheer yourself up?

I came home and watched an episode of "The Office". Although I love that show, I was still in a crappy mood when finishing. My husband comes home and somehow makes it all better. We end up dancing in the kitchen...to everything. And I mean everything. From Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" to The Peanuts theme to "She get it from her momma"- yeah you read that right. Then some musical numbers, Trace Adkins, and Nickelback. Don't judge.

What's your anti-psychotic?

No comments:

Post a Comment