Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Mommy Monday morning- part 2 (mom super powers)

At 2:32 am, my son decided to wake up and start crying. Now, I've come to learn that most times (especially at that hour) he's just making noise and quickly falls back asleep. So I usually look at the video monitor to make sure he's ok and he will soon fade back into that blissful and QUIET sleep. However, this morning, he didn't. I know it wasn't time for him to eat so I changed his diaper and put him back in his crib.

As I trudged back over to my own bed, I crawled in bed just in time for him to start crying again. Now remember, it's not time for him to eat so he needs to go back to sleep. I had a few choices. Let him cry it out, which is annoying and hard to sleep through, or go rock him to sleep, which is uncomfortable sometimes and can take a while.

So, as to not wake Noah, I went back over to Ayden's room to help him fall asleep. It was then that I realized that I didn't have to rock him at all and that I have super powers.

I found that if I just quietly whisper to him and rub his back, he magically falls asleep. I never thought I'd have that much power. So in a few short minutes, he was fast asleep and I was going back to bed.

As I moved Mac and slid into bed, I had quite a sense of accomplishment. I comforted my son to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment