Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm the spaghetti!

It is amazing how many things women can accomplish all at the same time...so many things at the same time. No offense to men as a species but you just can't manage this many things all at once. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Your wives love you and wouldn't want to do this without you. We appreciate everything you do for us. But you are meatballs...we're the spaghetti. Our minds are entertwined with details that have nothing to do with what we thought of a millisecond ago. It's constantly racing...most of the time in our sleep. Meanwhile, you think one topic at a time and it usually is related to what you are looking at right then. One track minds...while we are running every major highway, roadway, and airline along with trouble shooting the traffic jam that hasn't even happened yet.

Spaghetti and meatballs.

So tonight, my task was to do what I didn't get done last night. I had to get rid of all the DVDs, DVD tower, tv stand drawer, and my item of today was the junk drawer in the kitchen island. Not too bad, but I have a 14 month old...and he's now running. Not to mention, Noah worked late tonight to finish up work on the musical set so we were on our own.

So, first on the list: DVD's and DVD tower. All the DVD's have been picked over by family and will be donated to the Luther House in Jennersville, along with the tower if it's needed. If not, off to Goodwill with ya!

Future improvements include: hanging pictures on that wall and getting Ayden a toy box to spruce up that area a bit and organize all those toys. (also on the list- I'll keep you updated on it)
Before
After
 Second on the list the TV stand: There wasn't much that could be done with that as it's our battery and cord storage. I plan to go through and label all the cords at some point this summer but Noah needs to identify so many of them. (like I said, couldn't do it without him)

Before

After
Last part on the list: Junk drawer in the kitchen island. This is the graveyard for so much stuff. It's so conveniently placed in the kitchen island which is used for everything. All the soy sauce packets get thrown in there, spare change, keys...you name it. It's in there. We even had a phone book from 2007-2008. Yeah...it was time.

Before

After
All of this happening, entertained both in laws separately, fed the baby, took out the garbage, and watched a DVR'ed show. Not to toot my own horn but... toot! Thank you to my meatball for coming home and still giving Ayden a bath so that I could write this tonight. I love you so much for your extra hard work and for the love you have for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment