Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Leaving that face...

Each morning, I wake up at around 5:00 and start to get myself ready for work. By 6 am, I am in Ayden's room, getting him up and ready for the day. We eat and then out the door we go by 6:30. By 6:45, we pull into Gina's driveway and it's time for me to leave him for the day. It's the worst part of my day.

I know that I have a great situation for my son. He is with a sitter that can focus on him, give him one on one time, and genuinely cares for Ayden. Dropping him off at her house, as difficult as it may be, is easier because I know that he will be cared for instead of being pushed to the side to focus on other children. No matter how lucky I am to have such a great caretaker for Ayden while I'm gone, it is still the hardest thing I've ever had to do. And everyone said it would get easier...

The other day, after he gave me his kiss goodbye, he ran off to the playroom. I said "bye" and he pretty much ignored me. Not a surprise because he, at 14 months, is much more interested in toys. So I continued to the door and shut the glass door behind me. When I got in the car to leave, I happened to glance at the door and saw him running toward the door and waved to me. Needless to say, I cried the whole way to work.

As working moms, how do you cope with leaving those beautiful faces each day? I'm sure it's tough on the guys too but I think mothers feel like we are betraying our children. How do you manage to leave them knowing this is what is best for them? How do you cope? Please give me some words of wisdom...for some reason this morning routine isn't getting much easier. 
Ayden's kissy face

No comments:

Post a Comment