Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Simplify- Day 4

In true fashion and sticking with my "clothing" theme, I decided to go through my nightstand drawers tonight. Not a difficult task, which was helpful considering the fact that;
1. It's Friday and I'd rather relax, and
2. I'm feeling a bit under the weather...so...

In my nightstand drawers (there are 2), I keep socks in the top drawer and scarves in the bottom. These are two items that I have a lot of and are easy to stow- especially when you just throw each in the drawer with no organization whatsoever. The only problem with tossing these items in all "willy nilly" means that I typically end up using the same pair of socks and same scarf over and over simply because they were the ones tossed in most recently.

Also, by not having any organization, I am not truly managing what I have and what I "need". I may have a great black scarf but "have no idea where it is" simply because my fake Burberry scarf happens to be laying on top of the pile. So, I needed to separate my socks into ankle versus hiking (those are the only 2 categories I have) and clear out the scarves that I truly don't wear.

In all honesty, this may have been the easiest goal of the week. I had no problem getting rid of socks and scarves that aren't used. If you are working your way through simplifying your life, I highly suggest starting with this small goal. Very easy, very quick and very rewarding as another item checked off of the list!

Day 4 mission: completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment