Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Simplify your life- Day 2

I've come to a very clear realization on new year resolutions and I think I know why I have never followed through on past goals. In recent years, my resolutions were unrealistic, mismanaged, and not planned. I would go into the new year with grand ideas of reading more books, exercising an hour each day, learning a new language, or "reinventing my life". In all fairness, I thought I could really do those things and I could have, however, I never took the time to really think about how to complete that particular goal. I was only thinking about the goal- not the process.

This year, so far- all 2 days, I've gone about my resolutions a bit differently. Rather than thinking about the end result desired, I am planning what small adjustment I want to make each day. Some days are grander than others but each day, I do one daily goal to get me down the path of simplification. Yesterday I went through my entire closet and purged, straightened, and organized the entire thing. Today...well today was a much smaller task.

Today I cleaned my make up brushes. All you male readers, I'm sure you're on the edges of your seats but I have my reasons. Today was my first day back to school after a 10 day break. I had made my plan before that, knowing today would be hectic, I would do a smaller goal to get things in order rather than stress myself with a large task. So if cleaning make up brushes doesn't interest you, feel free to wait for tomorrow blog.

If you're still here, I assume it's because you use make up brushes and want to know the best method for cleaning them. It's very easy and you probably won't need to spend a dime on it.

First, gently but thoroughly use baby shampoo to get the make up off the brushes. This will be messy so be sure to clean them over the sink. You don't need a lot of water- just enough to get the brush wet and sudsy.

After that, rinse the brushes thoroughly with warm water. To disinfect and degrease, put some distilled vinegar in a cup. You don't need a lot- maybe a tablespoon or so. Add very hot water to dilute the vinegar and place your brushes in there for 20 minutes.

When the 20 minutes is up, rinse the brushes very thoroughly with hot water and follow with cold water. Pat dry with a towel and stand up in a cup to dry over night. You may also let the brushes lay flat.

So although today wasn't a super exciting goal, it was something that was attainable for me today. So Day 2 mission: Complete!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan for the new year!

    Just thought I should stop and say hi since the past couple of times I've attempted going to my blog, I'm directed to yours instead. :)

    http://austinfamadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete