Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Progress so far...

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I have quite a few things on my resolution list. I have been trying each day to prioritize my list and doing at least one thing a day that gets me closer to simplifing my life. I've discussed how breaking goals down into manageable steps will help you keep those resolutions. Also, having a check list and marking things off helps as well. You need to realize that maybe you didn't get EVERYTHING done, but you did get something.

So in an effort to keep myself accountable for what I'm trying to do, I figured I would update the list. Please feel free to ask me about a goal or two...I may have even added to the list.

House stuff:
Clean out my closet and get rid of clothes/purses/shoes and donate
Clean out my dresser and night stand
Purge jewelry
Store Ayden's outgrown clothes in tubs downstairs
Clean out bathroom and closet in bathroom
Get rid of old makeup and toiletries
Go through Ayden's closet and reorganize
Organize the guest closet
Wash wedding gown and get set in box
Get rid of DVDs
Clean out junk drawer in tv stand
Go thru Ayden's toys and store/rotate
Purge games from behind the couch
Purge kitchen cabinets and red cabinet
Clean oven
Scrub cabinets
Clean fridge and organize- freezer included
Scrub kitchen floor
Clean my office and organize
Ayden's workspace
Get rid of video games that aren't used anymore
Hang pictures
Hem curtains in guest room
Clean and paint back door
Make new recycling bins for outside- streamline the trash process
Clean out garage and organize all decorations and bins- purge purge purge
Hide tv cables
Noah's closet and dresser and nightstand
Fix chair rail
Fix corner
Caulk and 1/4 round in front of bathtub and Noah's shower
Fix windows in guest bedroom
Deep clean all carpets and start removing shoes
Go through coat closet
Organize binders for house stuff
Streamline filing system
Clean out the storage under the stairs- purge!!
Clean out laundry room and get bins for laundry sorting

Simplify my job:
Plan at work and get things ready the night before- ongoing
Don't waste time when planning/grading- ongoing
Be a more positive force in school- ongoing

Be in the moment with my family:
Read every night to Ayden and limit how much tv is on when he is awake- ongoing (so far so good)
Take Mac for a walk each week
Eat dinner at the table with Noah and Ayden- ongoing (so far so good)

Appreciate my marriage:
Be more intimate in my marriage
Tell him thank you so much more often and truly show your appreciation
Go on more date nights
Talk with him more- less venting

Organize my finances:
Pay off at least one credit card bill if not both
Track all spending for each month- so far so good...I'll be going on about the new tax rate in a hot minute
Organize billing and switch to online bill pay
Cut down on grocery bill and monthly expenses
Cut down on Verizon
Cut down on any spending that is not necessary- so far so good

My attitude:
No cursing- the "Swear Jar" is in full effect and I'm doing well so far.
Ease up on sarcasm
Show people you care more often
Go to church and truly digest the information
Stop trying to "keep up with the Jones"- be grateful for what you do have
Listen 1000 times, think 100 times, react 10 times, speak once

My looks:
Bleach teeth
Lose 5 pounds
Wear clothes that flatter me
Create a better bedtime routine
Eat healthier food
Do yoga more
Face yoga

Simplify my online profiles:
Close twitter accounts
Delete Facebook "friends"
Close email accounts and blogs- so far I closed Hotmail and I'm working on the others
Streamline email accounts and profiles
Make a list of important information and log in information
Start limiting amount of time spent on social media sites- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest

Projects to finish:
Wedding book
Mac's scrapbook
Finish Ayden's 2012 book- November, 1st birthday, December and Christmas
Start a new Ayden book for 2013
Make purse
Make duvet cover
Make coasters
Make recipe book
Finish dolman shirt
Make check your pockets
Cut bottom of bottles
Make hanging plants
Make survival kits
Make wooden mat
Make striped skirt/ circle skirt pattern
Make Noah's blanket
Make tie shirt

Plans for the future:
Figure out house plans and what we want as a family- see future blog post about houses
Figure out the plan for schooling and licensure in counseling- or do I want a career change in general??

Ok, so in the first 12 days of the new year, I've accomplished a few things- along with managing the family and a full time job. I have had a lazy day or two but I will continue to work on these "projects"...and probably add as I continue to work. Please feel free to keep tabs on me. It's always easier for me to stay on track if someone else is counting on me. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment