Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ayden and Mommy Day (t-24)

One tradition I'd like to start is a day in which I go on a mommy-son date. I know right now he doesn't know we are doing anything special and honestly today was a tough one to fit in some "alone" time with Ayden. (He's a very busy baby.) But, I think that part of raising a gentleman is having him spend time with mom.


So today was Ayden-Mommy Day. Choosing the 4th of July probably wasn't the best idea because we always pack today full of parades, cookouts, fireworks, and tennis matches. It was a very busy day. However, my day started with Ayden going back to sleep on my shoulder this morning. Yesterday was a rough day because he didn't get a nap and has some teeth popping through. So last night was hit or miss and luckily he slept. This morning, after he woke up, he went back to sleep with mommy. Drool on the shoulder and all. :-)

After that, we got up and hung around until the parade. Made it to the parade and had a blast. He was dancing, got Mardi Gras beads, and even had his first lollipop.

On the way home, he fell asleep in the truck, holding mommy's hand. :-) When we got back to the house, he decided we would lay down for our nap but end up chatting. After an hour of gibberish, mommy decided it was time to nap. He eventually fell asleep on my arm.

Needless to say, it wasn't the Ayden-Mommy Day I had pictured but it was still great to snuggle with my little one while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment