Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Make a plan day...or? (t-hours)

In the last few hours of my 20's, I have encountered a dilemma. Not something like "omg! I'm 30!" or "I'm so old". (and no I would never actually say the term "omg" in my late 20's...EH!) I don't really feel like I'm getting old or my "fun years" are over. I feel like my 30's will be amazing with so many fun things happening in my life. I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter.

However, my dilemma... today I am supposed to come up with goals for the next chapter of my life. This doesn't sound difficult...it is. But that's still not my dilemma. My situation is this.

I wonder if I should even plan...

See, I'm a planner. I constantly have to have a project. I have to have something to occupy my brain even when my brain should be resting. I enjoy having a busy day with a to-do list. I love post-its. I have multiple apps that help me organize my day. I have a paper book planner to keep my stuff hard copy, just in case my phone doesn't get the job done. Sure, I enjoy a day off here and there but generally, I like to have a plan and something to keep my busy and moving.

Although I like to plan, should I really lock myself into what I want to do in the next chapter of my life or should I just live it? By lock myself in, I mean, why plan something that could change because that's what life does...it just happens. So do I bother planning or just live it?

Up tomorrow: BIG BIRTHDAY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment