Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day Without Technology and Pay it Forward Day (t-21)

A Day without Technology: Not the easiest task for me. I am that girl that wakes up, checks my Devotions app, then Facebook, then Pinterest, then Clutter Prescription, then Instagram. Yes, in that order. I will admit that I'm pretty addicted to my phone. If I have a question, I go to Safari and Google it. If I need to figure out a tip, my calculator is right there. What time is it? Yep, my phone knows. I don't even wear a watch anymore. So yes, I'm very dependent on my phone. I will say this though, not using that as a "go to" was pretty cool. I didn't waste time checking Facebook. I did reach for my phone a few times but didn't bother with it after about an hour. If you ever think that maybe your phone has taken over, give a day or two- totally worth it!

Pay it Forward Day: Today was fun. A few weeks ago my pastor did a service about being financially responsible. He showed a video of Dave Ramsey talking about how to be smart with your money. Then Pastor Jon told a story of a friend that left a very large tip at a Waffle House one time and how amazing it felt. So today, that was the goal- make someone else's day. So today, after church, Noah and I had to run a few errands. At Wawa, I went in to get a gift card. After buying it, I turned around and handed it to the person behind me in line. When saying "I want you to have this", she looked at me like I was crazy and said "Why?!"...my response "Just Because! Have a great day!" Out I went. I have no idea if it made her day or if she just thought I was totally whack-o but either way, it felt AWESOME! Another day that I recommend to anyone!

Up tomorrow: Fancy Dinner- I'll be making a fancy dinner, eating on the fancy dinnerware, and dressing up. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment