Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Dirty 30

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone that wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I know it may not be a big thing for you to write on my wall or send a text but it is truly appreciated and makes me feel very special. So thank you again for such wonderful well wishes on my 30th.

Second, although I called you all names, thank you to those that came to my surprise party last night. You fooled me big time! I had no clue what-so-ever and that's shocking in and of itself. I usually have no problem figuring things out. And I can really say, you shocked me. Thank you all so much for taking time to share with me on my special birthday.

Now for a few more personal thank you's...

Noah- Thank you more than you could ever know for treating me to such a wonderful party. I am not sure how you pulled it off but you did a wonderful job and I was totally surprised. I love you so much and look forward to every day I have to grow old with you.

Mom and Dad- You little sneaky ones! You knew about this the whole time and never even made a slip?! I love you guys so much for all you do for me and continue to do even now that you don't have to. Thank you so much for everything. You were such a huge help to Noah during this process and we are both so thankful for you both! Love you!

Shey and Jimmy- You are also little sneaky ones! Thank you for making the drive for such a short period of time. I love you guys and am so glad I got to see you. Thank you for all you did and thank you for my amazing gift. It was awesome!

Pop and Nev- Thank you for hosting. I know you were busy this weekend and could have easily not had people at your home, but I'm so glad you did. It was so much fun to see everyone and hang out. Thank you again for doing so much. Love you both!

Cyndi, Jan, Richard, Kimi, David, Jeanne, Josh, and the Georgia clan- Thank you all so much for giving me 2 days to party and have great potato salad. ;-) It was so nice to be able to share my birthday with people that I never get to see. And meeting Lacy and Landon was super cool too. Britty- watch out for that little lady. She knows EXACTLY what she wants. Thank ya'll so much. I love you guys!

Aunt Debbie, Uncle Linc, Uncle Barry, Scotty- It's a hike for you guys to travel up here for a few hours and then head home again. I'm so glad to see you whenever I can and when it's down here, it's even more amazing. You are like an extra piece of home and it's nice to have that in Chester County. Thank you again for making the trip. It was so nice to see you.

Stacey, Elise, Greyson, Jess and Rob- It's rare to find such friends in a work place, especially teaching. We are always going and rarely have time to really get to know anyone else, except for students and their parents. However, I have been really lucky. To find great friends at East in the Counseling department, just to be moved to STEM and find great friends there too... It's awesome. Thank you all so much for coming and hanging out for my birthday. It was so great to see you outside of the Downingtown walls. (and good one Stace- "I hope your boys take good care of you today"- They did!)

Sarah, Keith, and Ethan- I cannot believe you came all the way out...well actually I can but still. Thank you so much for doing that. I love you three so much and I'm so glad that we still see each other- even if it takes us a while to do it. Thank you for coming. I miss you guys so much!

Heather, Little, Evie, Amy, Cory, Grif- You guys are my little college family that remind me of days when I could actually hang...now not so much. But that hasn't stopped you from hanging out. Thank you all for coming. Heather, you can keep a secret girl. Damn! Little- you just kept pushing drinks and I love you for it. Evie- you will always be my link to the "fun" pre baby days...and my personal trainer. Amy- I was shocked to see you and so thankful you came. I miss you girlie! Cory- it was so nice to meet you more formally, even if I don't remember much of it...hehe. Grif- you are one of the sweetest dudes I know and I'm so glad you are part of our family. Thank you for all you do!

Brad, Johanna, and Tyler- You guys have become very dear to our hearts and I am so glad that we live right across the street from such wonderful people. Thank you for so many things but most importantly thank you for your friendship. I'm so glad we started yelling across that street. Even if it tooks us 4 years to do it! Love you guys!

If I missed anyone- I am truly sorry. I had such a great time with you all yesterday and I'm sad to see my birthday go but I'm very excited about the next chapter. Thank you all for being a part of it!

Up today: THE SUMMER OF GEORGE!



1 comment: