Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Thank You Day (t-23)

All of our parents always taught us that it's polite to say "please" and "thank you" but like many things they can end up being routine. I mean, if you say it enough, it may start to lose it's meaning. I don't think that when I say thank you I mean it less than any other time but there are times when I don't get to thank those I love for each and everything.

So today, I took the time to thank some people in my life that mean a lot to me. I can assure you that I didn't get it all in the note to them. And I can also assure that I didn't get to everyone that I need to thank- by no means at all. I have a lot of people to thank. Some of you already have letters coming your way and when you get it, please know that there is no way I could possibly put into words how much I need to thank you for. I love you all very much.

Some others that I didn't get to actually write to...here's a small note just to say thanks.

Family: I couldn't possibly write to you all. But, you are my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and although I only see you a few times a year, I love you all very much. Thank you for always putting up with me over the years. You deserve medals.

Gateway Church Family: Thank you all for taking my family in as one of your own. We are so happy to be a part of the church family and want to thank you for making it so easy for us to enjoy Gateway. We look forward to getting to know you better.

Counseling Colleagues at East: You are a crazy group to work with but it was such a wonderful experience. I am so thankful to make such great friends in you all and thank you for all you taught me- I think I'll leave it there.

My college ladies (HG, SB, AW): You three are amazing ladies. There have been things in my life that only you know about and you are still friends with me. That's amazing. I hold you all very close in my heart. Thank you for so many things.

STEMily (JS, KS, AM, JS, SW, JL, TM): You ladies make it possible to make it through the day. I count on you for so many things- and most importantly a great laugh. Thank you!

The people that wave after you let them in: Thank you for being so courteous.

To the serviceman that gave Ayden a folded flag last night at the fireworks: Thank you so much for being so nice to my little boy and thank you for doing what you do for our country. I will never forget that.

I'm sure I've missed so many people but know that it wasn't on purpose. Thank you so much for the things you've done for me. It has helped me be who I am. Thank you.


Up tomorrow: A Day Without Technology: I will not be writing tomorrow as I am not allowed to look at Facebook, Pinterest (GASP), Instagram, or Etsy. I also will not be checking my email, texting, or blogging. If you need to reach me, you'll have to call Noah; my phone will be off. Wish me luck. :-\


No comments:

Post a Comment