Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Creation Day (t-8)

Sorry for posting so late but I've been enjoying time with my family.

Speaking of, today was creation day. Rules for this day are that I need to create something completely from scratch. No recipe or directions. No plans or guidelines. This leaves me fairly wide open and allowed to do many different things.

It just so happens that today was also Chamberfest in my home town. Chamberfest is one of those rinky dink town fairs where they close Main Street and have all kinds of craft and food vendors. Little secret about me, I LOVE these little festivals. So we were originally going to go and walk around. I never actually buy anything but it's fun to see all the stuff and more importantly all the people that you only see twice a year...at Chamberfest and Fall Fest. Well, the rain got the best of us and there were a few other snags, so plans changed a bit.

Either way, I was able to sneak away with my mom and sister to the Potomac Bead Company. Mom had been there before but Shey and I hadn't. I wanted to create something original and unique with mom and Shey. I figured, what a better place than a jewelry making place with so many options.

Boy was I wrong. There aren't so many options- there are BILLIONS! This was overwhelming. We decided that we wanted to each pic a strand of beads and combine them to make bracelets that we all have. LOVE this idea by the way! So Shey chose blue, I chose green and Mom chose a multicolor heart bead.

We put them all together and made our unique bracelets. See!

Kinda feels like a grown up version of friendship bracelets :-) Kinda love it.
Such a nice little outing with two very special ladies. Turned out to be a pretty great day.

Up tomorrow: Camp out- we are really doing it this time! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment