Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fancy Dinner Day (t-20)

Today's scheduled event was either to go to a fancy dinner (where you dress up and everything) or make a fancy dinner, dress up, and eat on our "fine china". Noah and I will be going out later this week so we decided to save some cash and make dinner.

So I decided to pin a few recipes and ad lib a little as well. For dinner, marinated London broil, roasted asparagus with hollandaise sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and salad. Let me explain that I NEVER cook in our home. Noah is the cook of the family so this was all new to me. I didn't do too bad but I have a new found respect for people that can make a delicious meal and have everything done at the same time. That's not an easy task.

Before we ate, Noah disappeared with the little one. I figured he was getting ready but I didn't have any idea what I was getting. Take a look at these handsome fellas!
"I'm the independent one!"

"Ok mom...a cute one"

"My shoes! Why did you take my shoes?!"

I had to get one with my main man
Once we ate, it was time for dessert. I may not be a great cook (the London Broil wasn't the greatest cut to get- lesson learned), but...I can make a mean dessert. So chocolate mousse it is! YUM!
"Umm...bring that back."
SOOOO GOOD!

"YUM!"
 I may not be a "Gusteau" but it was still so much fun to make a good meal and eat on our fancy plates. I may need to make this a new tradition. :-)

Up tomorrow: Noah Day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment