Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

HERSHEY SPA DAY!!!

First, I apologize for not posting last night but I didn't get home until late and crashed immediately! Relaxation is exhausting. ;-P
View from parking at dinner- people riding the Great Bear
Awesome sunset at dinner

The Hershey Spa is AMAZING. First Heather and I got to the spa and checked in. They give you a locker, robe, and sandals to use. After that, there is a tour around the three quiet rooms. The first one is down by the locker room and is scented in "island breeze". Then there is a silent room- you aren't allowed to talk at all in that room so Heather and I avoided it entirely. The "quiet room" was the best. It looks like an old study or library and has all kinds of drinks and food. The best part- the balcony. Granted, we probably liked it best because of the gorgeous weather.
Not even half of the 1 locker room

Staircase to the other quiet rooms and spa facilities

view from staircase- over the manor

still in the staircase

From the balcony- my stupid iphone camera does not do this justice

We waited for a while just catching up and then I was called back for my "hydrotherapy". I really didn't know what to expect with this because even the description on the website was vague. So it turns out, it's a giant bathtub. And when I say giant...I mean...GIANT. The tub is in the middle of the room and is filled to the brim with water and chocolate scented bubbles. Then they turn on the jets and you sit there for 20 minutes. While you're there, there is water at your disposal, as many chocolate kisses as you could eat, and a cold wash cloth soaked in chocolate essential oils. Oh yeah... When you get out, your skin is super soft.

Then Heather went and I chilled on the balcony, eating more chocolate muffins and drinking Hershey's hot chocolate.

Then it's time for lunch. There is a restaurant in the spa called "The Oasis". It's entirely buffet and you can eat as much as you want. They obviously try to make it lighter food because you wants to go for a massage after eating their weight in all the food downstairs. But I did. I ate tons of food and desserts. To be honest, we had some wait time before our massages so I was able to eat and then feel comfortable before my massage. Great food and we were able to again be outside on the patio. Awesome weather!

Then it's time for your massage. Let's just say, that money was WELL spent. I LOVE getting massages and wish I could do it more frequently but not having one in over 2 years made this one even better than I remember.

Then it's off to your facial. I had never had a facial like this before. I was in there for almost an hour with her putting lotions and potions all over my face and arms. I have to say, although I'm a massage girl, I didn't mind the facial AT ALL! :-) Plus the girl giving me the facial has the same birthday as me, so that was cool.
Only a portion of the hotel- just a PORTION!

View from the parking lot over Hershey Park

After that, the day is technically done but not for me and Heather! We went back to the locker room and wanted to get ready for dinner. Took nice long showers and went out to Houlihan's in Hershey for some Ahi Tuna Wontons and their signature Chocolate Martini. Yep. This was an AWESOME FREAKING DAY!
Just the dessert at Houlihan's- Serious Brownie Sundae- they weren't kidding!
 PS. I hate that I don't have a picture of Heather and me at the spa. You didn't want to see us in those robes though! ;-)

Up today: Dutch Wonderland with Ayden and Noah! YAY! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Hershey Hotel's chocolate massage. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete