Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Hike Day...yeaaaaaaah. (t-27)

So, wise guys. I know you're out there. You know who I'm talking about. The people that read my original list of 30 in 30 and saw "hike day" and thought ultra-sarcastically and quietly to themselves, "yeah good luck with that". Yeah, you guys stink!

No not really. But I will admit, today wasn't the best idea I've ever had. Not for any particular reason...just a bunch of little ones.




First reason: It's raining. It did stop for a very short time but for the most part, it was raining. I don't particularly mind the rain but my mistake was thinking that rain would cool things off. Instead, it just made everything much more humid. Yuck!

Second reason: We have a moron for a dog. Don't get me wrong, I love our stupid dog but he is just that, stupid. With a 100 lb. black lab, there is no such thing as civil walk in the woods. It's a violent and sweaty pull through brush (not on a trail). And I'm sorry to Cesar Milan but Mac doesn't take to the "wear a back pack filled with weights because he's a work dog". That didn't work either. So in general, I was not in any position to enjoy my little hike in the woods.

(ps. Does anyone have suggestions for calming him down on walks? I know we should have trained him better and he is a very good dog but he is a maniac when we go for walks. HELP!)

Either way, aside from rain and Macintosh the mess, it wasn't bad. I will certainly try it again and hopefully have a better experience. All in all, not an awful experience. Next time will be better.

Up tomorrow: Start a new habit...Now if I can just settle on one....

No comments:

Post a Comment