Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Get a strike! (t-6)

I have been bowling before and yes, I'm very competitive. I am that person that will get irate over the ball not going the way I want it to go. Even though, I don't bowl on even an amateur level. So why get so mad? I can only answer as I am Monica Gellar...

From Friends? Yes. I am her! Crazy OCD, competitive, loud Monica. I admit it!

Either way, one thing I've never been able to do is get a strike in actual bowling. I'm not counting the Wii. So today was the day.

We went to Hagerstown... a place called Seven Ten. It's a "classy" place as my sister said. She wasn't kidding. Compared to good ole Nellie Fox, this place was the Bentley of bowling alleys. Very nice.

I pick out my ball and my shoes and off I go. After setting everyone up in alphabetical order, I was ready. Game face on!

I put my fingers in those awful tiny holes in the ball and focus on my throw. Dad gave me a strategy before leaving so that was the plan. I set it all up. Move my feet. And throw the ball.

Down the lane is goes, for what seems like an eternity and BAM! FIRST THROW! Nope! NINE FREAKING PINS! ARE YOU KIDDING!?
First try...
Shey's up.
Yay Momma!
And the pro-bowler...
With a VERY close trail...
Ayden was coaching everyone.
And a cute coach he is!

C'mon Shey Shey!

It's okay Scotty! Daddy's just really good at bowling.

Ok, I have a new tattoo reminding me to let it go so I took in it stride and proceeded to play the game with Shey, Mom, Noah and Scott. And my turn again...nope.

Let's just say, we got through almost two games and it hadn't happened. Everyone else had gotten at least one strike...but me. EVERYONE!

Yep...first strike of the game.
My last shot. It's make it or break it because Ayden's tired and frankly, I didn't want to buy more games. I have to get this.
My lucky charm
ooooooooooooo!

I wind back... line up... and off it goes. *whispering a little prayer* and...

BAM! I GOT IT!!!!!
YAY BABY!

STRIKE!
Didn't break 100 but who cares!? I GOT A STRIKE!

Up tomorrow: Find your roots...ancestry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment